Senior Account Manager
Background and Description
Account Managers are on the front lines of Big Vision's client experience. As part of the Big Vision Operations Team, Account Managers work with Clients, Directors, Project Managers, and Big Vision’s Leadership to own the successful fulfillment of client engagements. The mission is to ensure Big Vision is giving our clients a smooth experience by being the central hub of all knowledge related to your assigned clients.
You’ll work most closely with Partnerships as you take on new engagements and Project Managers as you ensure your clients are well cared for throughout each project. You will match client needs to the right solutions and plans—and your success will be measured by your own timely and on-budget delivery of the solutions we deliver. This is a highly collaborative and disciplined role—you’ll be able to speak into processes and work with the rest of the Big Vision Ops team to push and improve the agency as well as the clients’ businesses.
What You'll Be Doing
Give clients confidence that they won’t have to worry about surprises, missed communications, or missed expectations of their engagement, because you lead Big Vision in keeping their partnership with us organized and moving forward.
- Own the account strategy and help define the project plans to ensure each plan is successfully fulfilled. Develop budgets independently and/or in conjunction with other team members.
- With support from your Project Managers, you’ll ensure successful, timely delivery of all completed work to your clients.
- Create account summaries and regularly present updates to your clients on the status of our partnership.
- Schedule and facilitate project meetings with clients.
- Provide operational discipline, delivery excellence, responsiveness, and speed for our clients and their accounts.
Give Big Vision the secret weapon of a well-run client experience that eliminates surprises and celebrates successes.
- Work with Directors and Big Vision’s Leaders to apply knowledge about the client's competitive landscape, understand their data and business, and take ownership of the agency’s impact on their business results.
- Provide Project Managers all the information they need from clients to complete projects successfully.
- Identify and communicate client risks early, and have a plan to resolve them before they become issues. Apply sound judgment in anticipating and taking action to avoid client issues and problems.
- Lead kickoffs and reviews with Project Managers, Directors, and team members regularly and proactively.
- Provide client updates and progress reports to Leadership.
- Monitor client budgets and project completion in Big Vision's project management system.
- Manage client resources: people, time, and budgets.
Lead with impact across key business areas in Big Vision.
- Account management: Maintain day-to-day contact with the client; ensure timely delivery of projects; oversee daily monitoring and weekly progress updates; develop programming and client strategies with Director, Project Manager, and Big Vision Leadership team.
- Project implementation: Represents the clients’ desires within Big Vision for all projects and programs.
- Finance: Oversee the preparation of monthly reports; develop budgets for programs with minimal supervision; and ensure contract expectations are being fulfilled.
- Business development: Assist with new business development, including taking an active role as part of the development and pitch team; attend brainstorms; gather and organize information, and assist with program development, as requested.
- Research: Help with research, including searches, audits, identification of industry best practices and trends; evaluating, analyzing, and summarizing information and data into client ready reports.
Make Big Vision better every time you’re involved.
- Make sure the right people are in the right meetings at the right time.
- Work collaboratively with Project Managers in the development and documentation of new solutions and offerings as well as internal process improvements.
- Identify opportunities and share ideas to expand the engagement with our clients.
- Trusted to build relationships across all of Big Vision’s resources and capabilities.
- Demonstrate initiative in identifying and proposing enhanced ways to advance team, group, agency, and client interests.
- Operate with an extremely high degree of integrity and independence, but know when to rely on own judgment and when to seek advice of supervisor and other team members.
Note: none of these are exhaustive lists. Everyone on our team adapts to the needs of the company, and you’ll need to be flexible and willing to jump in on projects that don’t perfectly fit your job description.
Who We're Looking For
- A mid to high-level communications professional with professional job experience capable of handling a broad range of clients with a high degree of independence and sound judgment.
- A professional that possesses the ability and experience to play a primary, independent implementation role in client work. Someone who will take ownership and responsibility for their work, their team's work, Big Vision's operational success, and the complete client experience.
- A highly organized individual who is confident in managing client expectations and demands.
- A team player who’s willing to put in the effort and attitude needed to help the team succeed.
- A quick learner willing to adapt to new and existing processes.
- A proactive person who is constantly looking for opportunities to improve themselves and the processes around them.
- A thorough and detail-oriented Account Manager.
- Ability to simultaneously tackle multiple clients and challenges.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams in high pressure situations.
- Ability to work full-time in our Downtown Orlando office with the flexibility to adapt your schedule to meet client needs.
- Mid to Senior Level: 5-9+ years of professional experience.
How to stand out
- Experience in an agency environment.
- Experience with account management, project management, or client supervision.
- Skilled in handling direct client contact and has the ability to counsel and problem solve with clients.
- Ability to understand client objectives and program strategies focus on supporting client objectives and impact.
- Demonstrated skill at conceptualizing and producing strategies and delivering presentations, especially when presenting to the client and at team meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, or business management.
- Account or Project management training, certifications, or internships.