Brand Strategist / Copywriter
Background and Description:
Big Vision is a brand solutions firm. As a BRAND STRATEGIST, you are a strategically creative thinker and storyteller. You have been working as a writer and have a keen interest in articulating brand voice and solving brand positioning challenges. Your empathy allows you to write from multiple perspectives, and your experience guides your understanding of how to persuade target audiences and position the company for maximum results.
Your passion for serving your clients is obvious from the high-quality bar you keep for yourself. You already have opinions and go-to strategies for developing brands and research, yet your adaptability allows you to customize output based on the client. When needed, you become a writing-chameleon that’s able to match the tone and style of existing brands.
You will be part of the Brand Team, reporting to the Brand Director. Collaboration with the Design and Marketing, and Account teams will be a daily occurrence. You don’t require a lot of oversight, and will be responsible for staying on top of content and branding best practices.
This position may be filled as either a short term contract-to-hire or direct hire based on qualifications and team needs.
What you'll be doing:
- Work on a variety of clients to create a unique brand voice for each, under the direction of your Brand Director
- Define brand voice guidelines and foundational statements for brand manuals
- Write case studies
- Write scripts for videos, presentations, pitches, and awards
- Create user experience journeys, content flows, sitemaps for websites
- General editing and copyediting
- Copywrite for websites, blogs, and print collateral
- Work with various Account Teams to produce social posts, email newsletters, and white papers
- Conduct general online research, interviews, and surveys, with occasional on-location observations
NOTE: This is not an exhaustive list. Our team adapts to the needs of the agency. You’ll need to be flexible and willing to assist with other tasks as needed including during non-business hours.
Who we're looking for:
- An experienced writer with 3-5+ years experience with in-house brands or an agency
- A storyteller, with the ability to creatively find a story
- A highly organized individual who is confident developing and coordinating all aspects of a brand’s content presence
- Ability to shift between brand voice for clients of varying industries
- A lifelong learner, who knows how to vet and clarify messaging through research
- A meticulously detailed writer that can proofread and edit client-ready work
- Strong communication skills to represent our agency at meetings with directors, establish rapport with clients and assist in facilitating workshops
- A focused individual who can manage their own time to avoid missing deadlines
- A team player who’s willing to put in the right effort and attitude to help the team succeed
- A quick learner willing to adapt to new and existing processes
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams in high pressure
- Ability to work in the downtown Orlando office
How you can stand out:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Advertising, Marketing or other related majors
- Experience with collaborative design thinking workshops
- Experience with Mailchimp, Constant Contact, or similar email marketing tools
- Experience with Monday, Wrike, Asana, or other productivity tool sets
To be considered for the position, send us a video recording of yourself talking about two questions:
- Why is this position a good fit for you?
- Why are you a good fit for Big Vision?
Once you've applied here, email your video to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, due to the high volume of submissions we may not be able to respond to all submissions, though we’ll do our best.